Patient Safety/Risk Management Officer- Palm Springs, CA
This is an exciting NEWLY created position to assist in the redesign/implementation of patient safety and risk management programs moving from an incident based reporting structure to proactive patient centered approach. This is a highly visible role with dotted line reporting to hospital CEO.
Efficiently manages risk information system and able to produce reports that guide organizational decision making related to patient safety needs/trends.
- Develops curriculum for family participation into their care processes within organization at various levels of organization.
- Establishes framework in collaboration with Human Resources for standard processes to identify and manage staff error in the provision of clinical care or work processes.
- Establishes program in collaboration with Human Resources for support of staff as second victims that have been involved in medical error that has caused disability, significant harm, or death to a patient
- Establishes programs in collaboration with Human Resources on training all levels of staff in the organization on error prevention techniques
- Develops and implements organization wide patient safety/risk management program with focus on proactive strategies to control and reduce facility acquired conditions
- Facilitates enterprise wide patient safety program against annual plan (develops, monitors, evaluates plan).
- Facilitates committees and rapid cycle initiatives.
- Manages patient, staff, bio-ethical issues.
- Serves as the facility designated risk manager contact for completion of interrogatories and other claim related documentation
Must have a nursing degree.
J.D, or Master’s in Nursing, Health Services, or Patient Safety preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience (five years preferred) with progressive responsibility working in a quality/performance improvement and/or patient safety department
- Experience leading interdisciplinary initiatives in process improvement or directly improving the reliability of healthcare delivery at the point of care.
- Those at the novice (no experience) or beginner level (less than 3 years’ experience) must complete the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) curriculum on patient safety within 120 days of hire.
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) [Preferred]
Salary Depends Upon Experience. (Low to Mid 100K Range)
Full Relocation Assistance.
Full Comprehensive Benefits.
Exceptional Career Opportunity with Upward Mobility.
Job Type: Full-time