Nationally recognized health plan seeks a VP Chief Medical Officer to provide system-wide strategic clinical guidance. The Chief Medical Officer will provide leadership in:
- Physical health and behavioral health care management
- Quality Improvement
- Clinical operations
- Clinical informatics
- Short and long-term program development and strategic planning for Medicaid and Medicare managed care.
- Leading medical teams for new business acquisition and turnaround initiatives,
- The design and implementation of population health programs to improve clinical outcomes and to support value based payment and provider collaboration activities.
Requirements for VP Chief Medical Officer:
- M.D. or D.O. US licensure.
- BC in internal medicine or family medicine
- 5+ years post residence experience in direct patient care
- 3+ years experience in health plan managed care
- A willingness to travel up to 50% meeting with market leaders in the development of new business
- Strong leadership and communications skills